Grilled pork chops make for an easy summer (or anytime) dinner.
An herb marinade makes these chops tender, juicy, and delicious. Simply marinate and grill.
Serve them with a simple salad and add some grilled veggies, then dine al fresco!
Perfectly Grilled Pork Chops
- Pork chops, AKA ‘the other white meat’, is a healthy entrée, and they’re easy to grill!
- The marinade adds flavor while making for extra tender meat.
- This recipe can be made with bone-in or boneless chops.
- Pork chops are affordable and accessible, plus they cook fast making for the perfect dinner.
Ingredients for Grilling Pork Chops
Pork Chops – Pork chops can vary in thicknesses from ½-inch thick to 1 ½-inches. This recipe can be made with bone-in pork chops (which is what we prefer) or boneless chops. The cooking times will vary based on thickness, check the notes of the recipe.
Marinade Ingredients – Lemon juice adds a bright flavor and helps to tenderize the meat as it marinates. Brown sugar brings a hint of sweetness and helps with caramelization while the savory herbs balance out the flavor of the marinade.
How to Grill Pork Chops
Grill marinated pork chops over medium-high heat until the internal temperature reaches 145°F at the thickest point. Use this handy guide for grilling bone-in or boneless pork chops on a gas grill at a medium-high temp:
- cook 1/2″ chops for 4 minutes per side
- cook 3/4″ chops for 5-6 minutes per side
- cook 1″ chops for 7-9 minutes per side
Tips & Tricks for Pork Chops
- For best results, marinate the pork chops for a minimum of 2 hours to season and tenderize the meat.
- Always start with a preheated grill so the meat sears on the outside, instantly sealing in all the juices! A light brush of oil across the grill grate will prevent sticking.
- Avoid pressing down the meat with a spatula as this will squeeze out the juices and make the chops tough.
- Use a meat thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the meat to check for doneness. Pork should be at 145°F, and remember, it will continue to cook as it rests.
Leftover pork chops can be kept in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 4 days.
Reheat them in the microwave or air fryer just until heated through. Freeze portions wrapped in plastic and then place them in a zippered bag. Freeze for up to 4 weeks.
Did your family love this Grilled Pork Chops Recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Grilled Pork Chops
A simple marinade makes these grilled pork chops wonderfully tender and juicy!
To make the marinade, in a large bowl or a freezer bag, combine olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, freshly squeezed lemon juice, garlic powder, basil, oregano, along with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
Add the pork chops and toss well to coat. Marinate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Remove the pork from the marinade, allowing any excess to drip off.
Grill the pork chops for 5-6 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F with an instant-read thermometer. Do not overcook.
Let the pork chops rest on a plate for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Marinade: Add 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard to the marinade if you’d like.
Cooking times: This recipe is for pork chops that are 3/4 inch thick. Thicker chops will need additional time while thinner chops will cook faster. For the best results, use an instant-read thermometer.
- cook 1/2-inch chops for 4 minutes per side
- cook 3/4-inch chops for 5-6 minutes per side
- cook 1-inch chops for 7-9 minutes per side
Temperature: Pork can be (and should be) a little bit pink in the middle and cooked to 145°F. I remove the pork from the grill at about 140°F as it will continue to rise as it rests. Do not overcook.
Allow the chops to cook on one side until they have nice color without pressing or flipping. They should be easy to remove from the grill, if they stick, leave them a bit longer.
Calories: 223 | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.