Don’t let the simplicity fool you, this cherry tomato pasta recipe is amazing.
In this quick easy dish, cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes) are roasted with garlic and herbs and tossed with pasta for a perfect meal.
This dish goes from stovetop to tabletop in about 20 minutes!
Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta
- You’ll love how simple to prepare this cherry tomato pasta recipe is!
- Ideal for meatless Mondays, it’s a dish that the whole family will love.
- It’s a one-pot wonder with minimal cleanup after a long day and great as the star of the dinner table or a side dish.
- Not just for summer, tomatoes are available all year round.
- Budget-friendly and packed with flavor, it’s a win-win kind of meal!
Ingredients and Variations
- Tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes work well in this recipe, any color will do. The roasted tomatoes create a delicious ‘sauce’ for the pasta.
- Oil & Vinegar: These ingredients not only help with roasting and caramelization, they add great flavor.
- Garlic & Herbs: Fresh garlic and herbs like basil and oregano add delicious flavor to the tomatoes as they roast. Feel free to try different herbs like thyme or Italian seasoning based on what you have on hand.
- Pasta: Use your favorite type, whether that’s fresh, refrigerated, or boxed. All shapes and sizes work well with this versatile recipe.
OPTIONAL VEGGIES: This is a great dish for using up bits of leftover veggies, Or you can start with fresh veggies like spinach and zucchini. Bulk up the dish and add roasted vegetables or air-fried veggies.
How to Make Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Roast tomatoes by tossing them with the remaining ingredients (except pasta) in a pan lined with foil and placing them under the broiler (as per the recipe below).
- Boil pasta to al dente. Drain pasta but don’t rinse it (that extra starch helps make the sauce!).
- Combine tomatoes with the pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese before serving.
Keep leftover roasted cherry tomato pasta in a covered container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Pasta doesn’t thaw well, so freezing is not recommended. However, this dish is so easy, simply start fresh!
Did your family love this Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta
Tender pasta tossed with garlic’d roasted cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. This easy dish is the perfect weeknight pasta and takes just minutes to prepare!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Line a sheet pan with foil and add the tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, oil, oregano, basil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Roast 15 minutes or until the tomatoes are cooked. Broil 1-2 minutes to add a little bit of char/color once softened.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Drain (do not rinse) and place in a large bowl.
Add the tomatoes with any pan juices and toss to combine.
Serve and garnish with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese.
Store any leftover roasted cherry tomato pasta in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Calories: 504 | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 711mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1210IU | Vitamin C: 51.9mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 5.8mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.